发表时间-21 :32:15 阅读(
PartA Short conversations(
1. What time is the plane going to take off?
2. What is the woman’s suggestion(建议)？
A. Eating out.
B. Trying out the design.
C. Going home.
3. What does the woman mean?
A. The winter has just begun.
B. Once it starts, it’ll snow a lot.
C. It has been snowing for some time.
4. What will the man do?
A. Stay here and have a rest.
B. Look after the things while staying here.
C. Go together with the woman.
5. What is the woman going to do tonight?
A. She’s going to a party.
B. She’s going to the theatre.
C. She’s going to visit Sally.
6. What’s the woman’s advice?
A. Look after yourself.
B. Don’t use ice too much.
C. Boil the water first.
7. Why does Mike refuse (拒绝) to go and look at the dress?
A. He doesn’t want to.
B. He’s not interested.
C. He’s too busy.
8. How soon will the woman’s uncle get to the station?
A. In five minutes.
B. In fifteen minutes.
C. In twenty minutes.
9. Where is the woman from?
10. How did the woman feel then?
A. She felt sad.
B. She felt tired.
C. She felt happy.
11. How many children are there in the classroom?
12. Where is the man’s bike now?
A. Under the stairs.
B. At the gate.
C. In the garden.
13. Why won’t the woman go to town tomorrow?
A. Because it will rain.
B. Because it will be too hot.
C. Because it will be too cold.
14. What does the woman suggest?
A. They don’t have to go to the concert.
B. They’ll have to rent a car as early as possible.
C. The subway is fine with her.
15. Where does this conversation take place?
A. At a restaurant.
B. At the theatre.
C. At the station.
16. About how much money does the clerk owe the woman?
17. What does the woman not like about Professor Conrad’s class?
A. She thinks his lectures are boring.
B. She thinks his tests are too long.
C. She doesn’t like his choice of test questions.
18. What’s the woman doing?
A. Looking for something.
B. Planting something.
C. Looking for water.
19. What country does Suzanne presently call her home?
20. At what time must the passenger be at the airport for Flight 452 ?
Part B. Conversations and passages
21. What are the speakers mainly talking about？
A． How to wash different clothes.
B． How to operate the washing machine
C． How to control the water temperature
22. Where are the instructions of the machine?
A. Under the cover.
B. On the cover.
C. On one side.
23. What water temperature should be chosen to wash silk?
A. Cold. B. Hot. C. Warm.
24. What will the man do at the weekend?
A. Work on the farm.
B. Feed fish on the farm.
C. Change water for the pond.
25. How is everyday work done on the farm?
A. Twenty men help the man’s father to do it.
B. A robot helps the man’s father to do it.
C. The man’s father does all the work.
26. What can we learn from the conversation?
A . The man will be a farmer.
B. Computers can do all the farm work.
C. The woman would like to go to the farm.
27. What is the new product used to do?
A. Do some housework.
B. Settle family problems.
C. Manage money matters.
28. What is the robot programmed to do？
A. Shopping and figuring.
B. Repairing and guarding.
C. Cleaning and washing.
29. How does the woman like the product?
A. It’s safe enough.
B. It’s too expensive.
C. It’s worth buying.
30. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Reporter and manager.
B. Customer and salesman.
C. Housewife and shopkeeper.
31. Why did the man decide to go to the library?
A. One of his classes finished early.
B. He wanted to do some studying.
C. He should return the books.
32. After getting the books, what did the man do?
A. He checked them out.
B. He took notes on them.
C. He put them in his book-bag.
33. What did the man think of the film?
B. Just so-so.
34. Whom did the man go dancing with yesterday evening?
A. His family.
B. His girl friend.
C. The woman.
35. What do we know about the man?
A. He had a bad time last night.
B. He will have a chat with the woman next.
C. He didn’t go home until midnight last night.
36. What was Colson’t first job？
A. Working for a magazine.
B. Being a journalist.
C. Teaching English.
37. How long has Colson been a journalist?
A. Three years.
B. Four years.
C. Five years.
38. What will the speakers probably do after the talk?
A. Interview Colson for the job.
B. Ask Colson for help.
C. Drop in on Colson.
39. Where do the two speakers live now?
A. In a small village.
B. In a factory.
C. In a city.
40. Where does the man want to live?
A. In a big city.
B. In the country.
C. In the mountain.
41. Why didn’t the woman sleep well last night?
A. She was not used to the silence.
B. She was too tired to go to sleep.
C. She was afraid of the noise made by the birds.
42. What did the woman do last weekend?
A. She visited her parents.
B. She went to the beach.
C. She had a trip to the countryside.
43. Why did the woman come home so soon?
A. She was tired.
B. She caught a cold.
C. She had schoolwork to do.
44. What was the weather like last weekend?
A. Cloudy. B.Sunny D.Rainy
45. Why did the woman fail to go swimming？
A. The water was too cold.
B. She preferred playing volleyball.
C. She was afraid to swim in the deep water.
Health Insurance No:
Reason for visit:
Taking Medication: Yes √ No
Date of Birth:
√Yes No 50.________
Housing request form for
No. of bedrooms:
Located close to:
Missing Persons Form
Mr/ Mrs/ Miss/ Ms
(Check one) √ Yes No
Date of Birth: January 13
264 East Avenue
58.____________ eyes, gray hair, 180cm, 85 kilos
When last seen:
Where last seen:
61. He isn’t here yet. I think he ______ about the meeting.
A. must have forgotten B. must forget
C. forgot D. should have forgotten
62. --Did you meet Jenny?
--No, when I ______ to her office, she _____ for the station.
A. got, had left B. had got, left C. got, has left D. got, would leave
63. --Do you mean I have to finish it within three days?--_______
A. Quite well. B. That’s good. C. Well. D. That’s right.
64. It is difficult to set a world record and more difficult _______ the record.
A. to beat B. to keep C. breaking D. in keeping
65. --Could you offer me something to read? --________.
A. If you please B. Never mind, I am OK
C. Here you are D. No, don’t worry
66. ______ the workers in that factory is larger than ______ in ours.
A. A number of, that B. A number of, those
C. The number of, that D. The number of, those
67. The headmaster will be back _________.
A. in three o’clock B. after three o’clcok
C. three o’clock D. for three hours
68. I have no idea ________ for help.
A. to ask whom B. whom should ask
C. whom to ask D. to ask who
69. Next time, I don’t _______ you _______ the fun like that.
A. hope, to join B. expect, to join in
C. hope, take part in D. expect, take part
70. She has forgotten _______ me about the exciting story. She is telling me a second time.
A. to tell B. telling C. to have D. tell
When someone asked me what business I am in. My face feels _
. I envy(嫉妒) people who can say that they are writers, bookkeepers and doctors. All these jobs speak for themselves.
I really do make a living by
, and a good one, too. I can laugh like a king or like a school boy. It is a skill(技能) that I have learned.
the skill of mending shoes. Whenever and however laughter is needed--I am asked to do
. I laugh like a bus driver or a shopkeeper. I laugh
, kindly and happily. I need
point out that a job of this kind is tiring. I spend most evening in nightclubs(夜总会). My job is to laugh during the
part of the show. My loud, hearty laughter must be timed carefully. It must not come too soon,
neither must it be too late.
I go throught life quietly. I can
the laughter of others. I can laugh in many different ways. But I am not sure that I have ever heard the sound of
71. A. warm B. cool C. hot D. cold
72. A. laughing B. writing C. speaking D. working
73. A. at B. to C. by D. like
74. A. one B. it C. those D. those
75. A. gladly B. sadly C. truly D. suddenly
76. A. clearly B. easily C. badly D. hardly
77. A. weaker B. stronger C. more terrible D. more wonderful
78. A. for B. so C. but D. and
79. A. get B. make C. copy D. have
80. A. their B. my C. her D. his
The Bermuda Triangle(百慕大三角) is in the Atlantic Ocean, near Florida in the USA. During the past 60 years more than 1000 seamen in the ships and pilots in the planes have lost their lives. It is known as “The triangle of Death” for its strange sea water and sudden storms. What’s the strangest is the light of the sea water which looks so bright that it can be seen even from the outer spaceship.
At 2 pm on December 5, 1945, five planes took off in fine weather from the airport of Florida, on a training task. Two hours later, the leader in the sky
that he was “completely lost”. Then there was silence. Another plane was sent to look for them and it also disappeared.
One of the largest ships that had disappeared in the Triangle was an American coal ship. 500 metres long. The weather was good, and there were no message for help before it was “gone”. No broken ships or dead bodies have been found so far.
No one is able to tell how all these accidents have happened. A group of Japanese scientists went there to see what it was really like in 1995, but nothing has been heard of ever since then.
81. What is this passage mainly about?
A. How the Bermuda Triangle eat up the planes and ships.
B. Why many of the planes and ships have disappeared.
C. Strange accidents in the Triangle, and no one can tell why.
D. When the Bermuda Triangle was formed very strangly.
82. How many planes have lost in December, 1945?
A. Five. B. Six. C. Seven. D. Eight.
83. What does the underlined word “radioed”mean?
A. Wrote sound messages using a radio.
B. Listened to sound messages using a radio.
C. Sent sound messages using a radio.
D. Received sound messages using radio.
84. Why was the leader in the plane lost?
A. He met with the terrible weather.
B. He was losing the flying direction.
C. Airport didn’t give him answer.
D. The reasons were still unkown.
85. What about the group of Japanese scientists who went to Bermuda?
A. They have also disappeared very strangely.
B. They have not heard of anything important.
C. They are still working hard in the Bermuda.
D. They’ve come back, knowing nothing about it.
Most Americans enjoy moving from one place to another. They are always
in constant motion.
For example, they often drive their cars 120 to 160 kilometres away just to have dinner with a friend or even fly to Europe just for watching a football match. In some states only one house in five has people living in it for more five years. One may be born in one city, and go to school in another. He may finish his middle school education in two or three cities, and then attend a college far across the country. When he has entered business, he may possibly move from job to job. Moving from job to job, which is called job-hopping, is a very common practice in the United States.
Job-hopping does good to workers, because every chance to change a job gives them a chance to move up to a higher position(位置) and to get better pay. And job-hopping also gives employers, bosses, managers the chance to benefit(受益于) from the new ideas and skills that different people bring to their factories.
86. The meaning of the underlined words is close to “______”.
A. looking for jobs everywhere
B. always feeling excited in movement
C. enjoying themselves while moving
D. keeping moving from place to place
87. In some places in America, _______ in one place for more than five years.
A. most people stay
B. about one fifth of the people live
C. the owner of one house stays
D. the owners of five houses stay
88. It seems that the writer thinks job-hopping ________.
A. is a practice worth trying
B. only does good to employers
C. may cause troubles
D. make many people lose their jobs
89. What does job-hopping mean?
A. 升职 B. 加薪 C. 辞职 D. 跳槽
90. According to the passage, which of the following statements is right?
A. Job-hopping is only good for workers.
B. Americans often fly a long way to dine with friends.
C. Most Americans have their education at different places.
D. Most Americans live in their houses for long.
Bob was a gardener and he had no work for a few months. One day, while he was walking in the street, he saw a sign for taking on a man who could grow flowers and trees well. Bob was pleased that he went to answer the sign. There Bob was told to bring his old overalls(工作服) with him. Bob did what he was asked.
The master examined his overalls carefully and then decided to let Bob have the job. Bob asked him why his overalls were so important. The master answered “ Oh, your overalls are all with patches( 补丁) on the knees. I have fired two men whose overalls are with patches on the buttock(臀部).”
91. Bob was a person who ______.
A. owns a garden
B. always wears his old overalls
C. worked in a garden to grow flowers and trees
D. has an overalls with patches on the buttock
92. When he saw the sign, Bob ______.
A. went back to get on his overalls
B. immediately wrote a letter to answer the sign
C. was to pleased to answer the sign
D. went to ask for the job at once
93. When the master first met Bob, he ______.
A. asked if he has old overalls
B. let Bob have the job immediately
C. asked Bob to go and bring his overalls with him
D. wanted to know if Bob was very wise
94. The master let Bob have the job because ________.
A. he had examined Bob’s overalls
B. he thought patches on knees looked nicer than those on buttock
C. he thought Bob was a hardworking gardener
D. he thought Bob was an honest man
95. The master thought those who had patches on the buttocks were ________.
A. lazy B. not nice to look at C. foolish D. not fit for the job
96. They are asked to write a diary
every other day
_______ ________ are they asked to write a diary?
97. Will the 29
Olympic Games be held in Beijing? Could you tell me?（合并为一个句子）
Could you tell me _______ the 29
Olympic Games _______ be held in Beijing?
98. Both he and his deskmate have passed the exam.（否定句）
_______ he ________ his deskmate ___________ passed the exam.
99. Let us stop and have a rest, ________ ___________?（反意疑问句）
100. The runner fell behind the others though he did his best.（同义句转换）
The runner did his best, _______ he still ______ ______ keep up with others.
101. I have never read such an interesing book before.（同义句转换）
This is ________ ________ interesting book that I have_________ read.
102. French is not the first language in any of these countries.（同义句转换）
French is the first language in _______ _______ these countries.
103. He didn’t let us know what we should do.（改为简单句）
He didn’t let us know _____ ____ ____.
104. Don’t make the mistake again.（同义句转换）
Will you please ________ _________ the mistake again?
105. They made the young man move her car.（同义句转换）
The young man ________ _________ __________ ________ her car.
villages, cities, develop, future, possible
首 页 上一页
下一页 尾 页
0/0 共: 0 条记录